I have been fascinated with the dictionary tool-tip – a add-on and have used it quite extensively.
I would like to add a dictionary to that tool-tip, a picture dictionary for young readers.
I can see how technology can help with decoding and vocabulary with this new dictionary.
I am making my first attempt at this dictionary with first graders.
My goal is to:
- have kids learn vocabulary words through drawing them
- publish those drawings on my web site
- record young voices reading those words
- publish those recordings to my page
- write sentences or stories that contain these vocabulary words and link to the drawings and embed pronunciations of these words.
Here is an example.